Messaging app for voice and video calling and group chats
Nimbuzz Messenger is an app that gives you the ability to stay in touch with friends and family any time of the day or night.
Through the use of this app, you can make international calls to other Nimbuzz Messenger users at absolutely no cost to either of you. The other function found within this app is a messaging service with a unique twist. By syncing Nimbuzz Messenger with other messaging services and social media platforms, like Gtalk, Yahoo Messenger, and the extremely popular Facebook, you can send and receive messages to and from all of your friends to whom you are connected through each of those sites. Being able to do this makes it much easier to stay in touch with people who may use a variety of messaging services. The app even lets you create chat rooms and contact lists to help you stay organized and better manage your messaging conversations.
The creators of Nimbuzz Messenger understand that the potential users of their app are not always connected to the internet, so they added a very helpful feature. If you receive messages through the app while you do not have an internet connection, the app will hold all of the messages and then alert you to their presence as soon as you connect to a WiFi network.
Users of Nimbuzz Messenger are able to make phone calls to other mobile phones also, but it should be noted that a nominal fee is charged for each of those calls.
- Sync app with other messaging services to better manage contacts across these platforms.
- Make unlimited free international calls to other users.
- App will store messages until user reconnects to the internet.
- Some users complain about the sound quality of international calls.
- Introducing Video Calling
- Audio calling enhanced
- Chatroom Commands (Super Room, Owner, Moderator, etc)
- Chatroom (Easy Conversion of Public to PNV/Private/Members only chatroom)
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CALL_PHONE: Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS: Allows an application to see the number being dialed during an outgoing call with the option to redirect the call to a different number or abort the call altogether.
- READ_CALL_LOG: Allows an application to read the user's call log.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- READ_SMS: Allows an application to read SMS messages.
- RECEIVE_SMS: Allows an application to receive SMS messages.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- SEND_SMS: Allows an application to send SMS messages.
- WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MANAGE_DOCUMENTS: Allows an application to manage access to documents, usually as part of a document picker.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- REORDER_TASKS: Allows an application to change the Z-order of tasks.
- RESTART_PACKAGES: This constant was deprecated in API level 8. The restartPackage(String) API is no longer supported.
- SET_DEBUG_APP: Configure an application for debugging.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.